Today’s data management and business analytics landscape is becoming increasingly complex, as companies introduce new, hybrid solutions that are comprised of heterogeneous, geographically distributed systems with a mix of on-premises, cloud-based, and multi-cloud systems.
Find out how Data Virtualization provides business analysts and data scientists with access to all data in a single environment, through a universal semantic model, allowing business stakeholders to make quick decisions without having to dig through thousands of line items.
Data virtualization addresses many of the BA-reported challenges:
- · As business analysts we find it hard to understand the connectivity, formats and protocols of all our data sources.
- · How do we address the vendor lock-in that comes from building semantic models in our BI tools that can’t be reused in new BI and Analytics tools?
- · Having our semantic model in BI tools also means no ability to share the data model with users of other BI tools without re-writing everything.
- · Our BI tool has limited (or no) query pushdown so large amounts of data get dragged across the network giving poor performance on anything at scale.
- · Our analysts and data scientists spend 70-80% of their time gathering and preparing data rather than the actual analytics.
- · We have no centralised data security or centralised governance /audit” (POPI/GRC/GDPR issues).
Biography of Speaker: Charles Southwood
Charles Southwood is Regional Vice President for Denodo Technologies, responsible for the company’s business revenues in Northern Europe and South Africa. Born and raised in Ascot, Berkshire with a degree in engineering, from Imperial College, London, Charles has over 25 years’ experience in technology sales and business leadership where he has focussed on driving high-growth start-ups and the accelerated expansion of existing businesses. He has a strong background in data integration, big data, IT infrastructure/IT operations and Business Analytics previously gained with Denodo, Oracle, BEA Systems and BMC software. Charles is passionate about working in fast moving and innovative markets to support customer success and in aligning IT solutions to meet the changing needs of business. Beyond work, Charles has a wife and two daughters and lives in Beaconsfield, near London. His hobbies include flying (he has a private pilot’s licence), yacht sailing and road cycling. He has also climbed and trekked the mountains of the Andes, the Alps, the Himalayas and Kilimanjaro.